" I was hopeless now I’m on Hope Road.
- Lauryn Hill, “Lost Ones”
I’m moving to Los Angeles.
And staying there.
Before a night of drinking in San Diego.
[drunkndonuts on Instagram]
It’s been a long, long time since I’ve posted a gratuitous photo of myself.
#PBG40 Making The Best of A Bad Situation…The Very Best
The old saying goes “When life gives you lemons, make lemonade.” I love lemonade and if life dropped lemons in my basket, I would most certainly make some lemonade. I’d make those lemons work for me in as many ways as possible with whatever I have at my disposal. After I squeeze out all that those bitter lemons have to offer, here’s what I’ll do:
- Water is the conduit that brings in The Spirit, so my that’s what I’ll put that lemon juice in…I will pray. The answers will come.
- I like my lemonade sweet, so I’ll add some agave nectar or just some plain ol’ sugar. I have Goodness at my disposal, despite and because of what Life has given me. I’ll make sure to mix it well.
- The fleshy bits of the lemon, those tiny pieces of the bitterness that we call “the pulp” can stay. They don’t work the same when they’re not cohesive, so they can be small reminders that things aren’t always as bad as they seem.
- Adding a little ice will make my lemonade cool and refreshing. Keeping cool will make it easier to deal with and I just may enjoy it more than I thought I would.
- Lemonade is perfect to share with friends, so I’ll pour out my newly made joy and share it with my loved ones. It was a popular drink and it still is.
- When I’m all done, I’ll throw the the rinds from those bitter lemons into the composter and break them down into something that will one day feed the earth and make life itself renew again.
Making the very best of a bad situation.
This pretty much sums up why I love lemons so much. They’re a metaphor for life. My next tattoo will be of a lemon.
Backseat Freestyle »
Seeing Kendrick perform this live was pretty life changing. That little man is passionate as fuck.
- I fainted for the first time in my life. I was hot, dehydrated, hadn’t eaten and was higher than anyone should ever be. I tried to walk about 8 feet to the bathroom, and woke up on my back about 4 feet from where I started. I was with my dealer, of all people. He actually took good care of me. So shout out to him. And my fluffy afro for protecting my head.
- I met Schoolboy Q, my ultimate rapper crush, off twitter and he gave me tickets to his show with Kendrick Lamar and Ab-Soul. He tweeted about needing an asthma inhaler while in Atlanta, and I responded not thinking much of it, but two hours later I was chatting with him outside his tour bus. He’s amazing and really went out of his way to make sure I was taken care of. Now I REALLY have a crush on him. Le sigh.
- I went on a “date” with an authentically “hood” ass Asian dude. A chubby Asian in baggy jean shorts and an Ecko red t-shirt- just to give you a visual. Don’t ask. The date itself was terrible, of course, but afterward we got stoned with his two female cousins. They all had deep southern accents and were ghetto as fuck. One girl was 8 months pregnant and passing me a blunt. It was a lot to take in. Naturally, I fell in love with those Asian hoodrats. I’ve already stopped responding to texts from the guy, though.
One day, I’ll expand on all these little stories and maybe somebody will pay to read em. Probably not, though.
I don’t ever want to get used to missing you
I want to feel the pain of your absence everyday until your return
I want the void you left to be a gaping, throbbing hole inside my body